Sunday, May 11, 2014

Fathers day Quotes


My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.
Jim Valvano
  

When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.
William Shakespeare
  

It is a wise father that knows his own child.
William Shakespeare













By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong. ” -Charles Wadsworth

I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection. – Sigmund Freud















Small boy’s definition of Father’s Day: It’s just like Mother’s Day only you don’t spend so much.” — Unknown



He didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. - Clarence Budington Kelland

Dad, I may not be the best, but I come to believe that I got it in me to be somebody in this world. And it’s not because I’m so different from you either. It’s because I’m the same. I mean, I can be just as hard-headed, and just as tough. I only hope I can be as good a man as you. ~Jake Gyllenhaal

There will always be a few people who have the courage to love what is untamed inside us. One of those men is my father. ~Alison Lohman
“My father always told me, ‘Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.’ ” — Jim Fox

“Any man can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a dad.” — Anne Geddes

“Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother rather than all major credit cards.” — Robert Orben


I'm a father; that's what matters most. Nothing matters more.
Gordon Brown
  

I wasn't anything special as a father. But I loved them and they knew it.
Sammy Davis, Jr.
  

To be as good as our fathers we must be better, imitation is not discipleship.
Wendell Phillips
  

I would want my legacy to be that I was a great son, father and friend.
Dante Hall
  

I'm always going to love my father.
Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
  

Being a father helps me be more responsible... you see more things than you've ever seen.
Kid Rock
  
You don't have to deserve your mother's love. You have to deserve your father's.
Robert Frost
  

To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter.
Euripides

One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.
George Herbert
A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father.
Gabriel Garcia Marquez
  

Dad taught me everything I know. Unfortunately, he didn't teach me everything he knows.
Al Unser
  

I decided in my life that I would do nothing that did not reflect positively on my father's life.
Sidney Poitier
  
It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.
Anne Sexton

Our fathers had their dreams; we have ours; the generation that follows will have its own. Without dreams and phantoms man cannot exist.
Olive Schreiner
  



One father is more than a hundred School masters.  ~George Herbert,Outlandish Proverbs, 1640

The greatest gift I ever had
Came from God; I call him Dad!
~Author Unknown

    What Is A Dad?

    A dad is someone who
    wants to catch you before you fall
    but instead picks you up,
    brushes you off,
    and lets you try again.

    A dad is someone who
    wants to keep you from making mistakes
    but instead lets you find your own way,
    even though his heart breaks in silence
    when you get hurt.

    A dad is someone who
    holds you when you cry,
    scolds you when you break the rules,
    shines with pride when you succeed,
    and has faith in you even when you fail…


DAD,
When i was born,
You were there to catch me when i fall, whenever and wherever.
When i said my first words,
You were there for me,
to teach me the whole dictionary if need be.
When i took my first steps,
You were there to encourage me on.
When i had my first day at school,
you were there to give me advice and help me with my homework.
I still havent finished school,
or walked down the aisle, or had my first child.
But i know you will be there for me through all these times and more, the good and bad.
So i just wrote this to say 'I LOVE YOU DAD!!!'
- Louisa Mansfield



a father is someone that
holds your hand at the fair
makes sure you do what your mother says
holds back your hair when yor are sick
brushes that hair when it is tangled because mother is too busy
lets you eat ice cream for breakfeast
but only when mother is away
he walks you down the aisle
and tells you everythings gonna be ok
- Unknown



It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father.
- Pope John XXIII

No comments:

Post a Comment

MCQ Formal Letter Letter to Editor Class 10th 11th 12th Term-1 || Formal Letter format

MCQ Formal Letter Letter to Editor Class 10th 11th 12th Term-1 || Formal  Letter format  1] A Formal Letter Should Be _________ To Have The ...