Friday, April 1, 2011

How To Excercise Disidentification


Read the following and experiment with it. Introcept it, explore and test this outlook : “I have a body, but I am more than my body. I am the one who is aware: the self, the center. My body is changing all the time. It may be rested or tired, active or inactive, old or young, but I remain the observer at the center of all my experience. I am aware of my body, but I am more than the body.” “I have emotions, but I am more than my emotions. My emotions constantly change, angry, happy, sad, tender, empty, poetic, but I am not changing. I have emotions, and whilst they change, I am still here. I am more than emotions.” “I have an intellect, but I am more than my intellect. My beliefs have changed over the years, but I remain the one who is aware. I have an intellect, but I am more than intellect. “I affirm that I have a mind, but I am more than mind. I am not ruled by my ideas about life, I keep an open mind, open to new awarenesses even when they conflict with familiar long-held beliefs. My mind, my personality changes, but I am more than my personality.” “I am pure awareness. I am the self.” It is best to practice this excersise in a peaceful place. It takes repetition for it to sink in.
Lovely Thoughts for Lovely People Just Like You

No comments:

Post a Comment

MCQ Formal Letter Letter to Editor Class 10th 11th 12th Term-1 || Formal Letter format

MCQ Formal Letter Letter to Editor Class 10th 11th 12th Term-1 || Formal  Letter format  1] A Formal Letter Should Be _________ To Have The ...