Saturday, August 28, 2021

Dust Of Snow Extract Based MCQ Questions Class 10 English Poem

Dust Of Snow Extract Based MCQ Questions Class 10 English Poem 



Dust of Snow Class 10 English 1 Marks MCQs

The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree
Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.

1. Of the many symbols the hemlock tree represents, choose the one that Frost drew upon in all likelihood, for this poem.
Symbol of
a) longevity.
b) togetherness.
c) healing.
d) protection.
Ans – c) healing.

 

2. Choose the option that lists the possible feelings of the poet prior to the experience shared in the poem.
1) reassured
2) disappointed
3) curious
4) demotivated
5) thankful
6) disheartened
7) impulsive
a) 1, 3 &7
b) 2, 4 & 6
c) 5 & 7
d) 1 & 3
Ans – b) 2, 4 & 6

3. Identify the option that DOES NOT use the word ‘rue’ correctly.
a) The film was a disaster, and he rued his decision to act in it.
b) I am sure she rued the day she listened to a fortune-teller.
c) It wasn’t long before I rued my disobedience and my deceit.
d) Others finally rue the one who is dishonest and heartless.
Ans – d) Others finally rue the one who is dishonest and heartless.

 

4. Synecdoche is a poetic device that uses a part to represent the whole. E.g. That’s a great set of wheels! (Set of wheels has been used for car.)
Pick an example of synecdoche from the poem.
a) Has given my heart / A change of mood
b) The way a crow/ Shook down on me
c) The dust of snow / From a hemlock tree
d) And saved some part / Of a day I had rued
Ans – a) Has given my heart / A change of mood

 

5. Choose the option showing the reason NOT corresponding with “… a crow / Shook down on me / The dust of snow”.
a) The crow’s landing on the branch of the tree.
b) The shivering of the crow, due to the cold.
c) The readjustment of position of the crow on the branch.
d) The cawing of the crow hidden in the foliage.
Ans –  d) The cawing of the crow hidden in the foliage.



Amazing Quotes Stories Watch awesome videos

No comments:

Post a Comment

MCQ Formal Letter Letter to Editor Class 10th 11th 12th Term-1 || Formal Letter format

MCQ Formal Letter Letter to Editor Class 10th 11th 12th Term-1 || Formal  Letter format  1] A Formal Letter Should Be _________ To Have The ...